Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Awakening


My chains are gone, I've been set free

I stood in the middle of the pavilion with tears rolling down my cheeks. Sweat came running down my forehead as I held my arms high waiting for that heavenly touch. My heartbeat dramatically increased as dreadful images came appearing inside my head. There came flashbacks of my horrible and painful yesterday, a portion of my life when people deserted me, when heavy rains poured on my head and when blinding darkness filled my days.

My nails started clawing my flesh as my grip tightens....Yesterday... when deception and despair are my daily bread. Misery and mockery are my morning meals while bitterness and hatred were my evening delights. My teeth, chewing and savoring the deceiving sweetness of Satan's evil buffet. At the door of my lips there stood lies of all kinds. My tongue that used to praise became a cursing weapon. Indeed I was a demon without wings... a beast without a tail.

Light came shining on my dirty and miserable soul. His glory brought me to my knees as it restored my empty spirit. Like snow, every lie, every hatred, every bitterness, every chain, every bondage and every foolish thought dissolved. I remained on my knees wrapped in his loving arms, clothed with his unending grace... kneeling down under the comfort of his wings.

I saw all the time that was wasted. Times of testing that were supposed to make me a better person were gone for I chose the easy way out. I could've been so much more after overcoming those trials. Flowers really do bloom after the rain and you know what? they'll become even more beautiful once the harvester finishes the pruning process where all the thorns are gone.

I sat in the corner hugging my knees, shedding crystal tears falling on my cheeks, crying over the wasted time when a familiar voice whispered to my ear:


"I will break your heart and rebuild you again... I have loved you with an everlasting love"

From then on he made a covenant that he will NEVER turn back, NEVER run away and will ALWAYS bow down.


One thing I ask of the Lord this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple -Psalms 27:4

2 comments:

lucas said...

your words are so poetic and i love the way used the metaphors. startling images but effective in delivering the emotions you wanted to invoke. brilliant :)

---
are you kidding? you're a great writer, elay! otherwise you'll not land on my rivercourt. :)

lucas said...

then i'll wait for that poetry :) thanks for dropping by.