Tuesday, January 12, 2016

AUTUMN LEAVES IN WINTER TIME IV

To you whom I was certain to share and spend the rest of my life with,

9:35pm:

I received a call from an unfamiliar number.

My mind raced as I saw where the call was coming from. My phone's screen lit up and, in bold letters, it said: CA, United States. 

"who's this?" I asked even though my heart could already tell who was on the other line.

"hey, uhm it's me." he whispered.

The conversation, surprisingly, lasted for an hour and forty five minutes. 

Apologies and final goodbyes were said.

"are you happy with him?" 

My voice trembled as I braced myself for his answer.

"yes"

It was a vicious slap on my face.

"but don't get me wrong, I still love you.". 

and another one.

"You know, to be honest, Im not angry with you, I dont hate you. Im just sad and it was a petty attempt to mask the pain that I feel."

"I'm sorry"

"No, Don't be. I'll be fine."

We've reached the end of our journey. Hanggang dito na lang and I have to accept that. It's actually quite heartbreaking to peruse our happy posts on this blog, and never have I imagined writing something like this. 

It's over, I surrender.

"But if this love's not ours to have, I'll let it go with your goodbye."

***