Friday, June 30, 2017

Memories In a Love Song

“ikaw ang pag-ibig, sa araw at gabi..."
 (You are the love as the sun rises 'til it sets) 

My heart recalls

 "ikaw ang pag-asang tanglaw sa dilim" 
(You are the hope that sheds light in the dark) 

In the freezing hostile nights 
There I was, carving words of joy 
Hands bare
Alone 
Indifferent 
Yet breathing still, unbroken 

"napapawi ang hirap at pighati" 
(it soothes the difficulty and sorrow) 

My heart was frozen 
Your love was fire
It purged my soul
Of all its fears and doubts
I felt whole, alive 

"langit ang buhay sa tuwing ika'y hahagkan, anong ligaya sa tuwing ika'y mamasdan" 
(life is heaven with you, what joy it is to set my eyes on you)

My heart was overjoyed 
Love flowed from its veins
And filled its beating chambers 
It moved firmly and quietly 
I was whole and alive 

"sa piling mo, ang gabi'y tila araw, ikaw ang pangarap, ikay lamang" 
(with you, the evenings are mornings, you are my dream, you alone.)

In you I find solace 
My day and night 
My breathtaking sunrise 
My tranquil evening sky 
With you I have purpose 
With you
I am whole and alive

No comments: